Awards: One Good Turn Scholarship Program will award up to $2,000 per scholarship.
Eligibility: A graduating senior in high school who will be enrolling in college for the fall semester, or a first, second- or third-year student currently enrolled in a fully accredited college or university. The applicant must be a full-time student in good academic standing. Applicants must be the legal dependent of a current full-time employee of Turn Services.
Selection: – Turn Services’ Scholarship Program Committee will award scholarships based on merit.
- The scholarship must be used at an accredited college or university.
- The student must start or be continuing in the course of study, at the college or university, in the fall of the same year the scholarship is awarded.
- One Good Turn will forward the scholarship stipend (50% for fall semester and 50% for spring semester) to the college or university for deposit in the account of the student.
- In cases where the student’s studies or admission are delayed or interrupted for any reason, the Scholarship Committee must be advised immediately, and may result in forfeiture.
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher to apply and / or reapply for the scholarship.
- A current resume with work experience and any extracurricular activities, noting any leadership positions.
- A recommendation or evaluation from a counselor, teacher or professor must be included with the application.
- A brief essay (1 to 2 pages) describing the student’s objectives for college and their career must be submitted with this application.
- Copy of SAT / ACT scores.
- An official current high school or college transcript.
- Notice of application / acceptance of financial aid or other scholarships.
Application Forms: Return the application (found below) along with required documents by March 27, 2023 to:
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
3333 Chartres Street
New Orleans, LA 70117